Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Tonight we went to dinner for Jeff, JM's dad's, birthday. We went to their favorite place O'Charleys.

Jeff's favorite dessert that I make is a pineapple cake... Now let me tell you - its a little more than just a pineapple cake - its an amazing cake for summer - but I will make it occasionally for JM's parents throughout the year

Here are all the ingredients that you will need

First make the box of yellow cake just as the box tells you too

Bake it to the boxes specifications and allow it to cool. When it is cool, poke holes into the cake with a straw


Top the cake with your pineapple tidbits and the juice. The juice will soak into the cake - I usually dump half of the juice out - just so the cake isn't soggy

Mix up your instant vanilla pudding based off the box direction once again (And its 3 cups of milk, however I don't have anything that would hold 3 cups of milk by itself! ha!)

As you can see that I originally had my wisk out to make the pudding, well after about 5 minutes of trying to thicken up the pudding, my arm felt as if it was going to fall off - so I called in the trusty mixer
Put the pudding directly on top of the pinapple pieces
After the pudding, put cool whip on top...
And here are the layers of the cake

And here we are singing happy birthday to Jeff! I hope you had an awesome day!

No comments: