Saturday, May 15, 2010

Race for the Cure

This morning Justin and I woke up and ran Race for the Cure along with 50,000 others from Central Ohio.

This year we ran in celebration for:
  • My Aunt Cami
  • Justin's Mom, Tonya
  • My 2nd grade teacher, Debbie U
  • My good friends mom, Barb B

In memory of:
  • Justin's, Aunt Carolyn
Chris Speilman came and spoke at the starting line, he lost his wife to a 9 year battle with breast cancer earlier this year. It was very motivating to hear him speak this morning before we started running. I think Columbus is more dedicated than ever to find a cure since we have lost Stefanie and Heather Pick, a news anchor for one of main news channels. They had an entire team dedicated to Stefanie and Heather, and they all wore pink wigs.

I get emotional every time we do race for the cure, especially at the beginning of the race, whenever I see a survivor tee-shirt, every time we pass a band who got up early to preform along the race course, but the thing that gets me the most every year is all of the Harley Davidson riders who come down and line the last part of the race... they rev their engines and it is so nice to realize that there are supporters of all walks of life who are fighting to find a cure for breast cancer (sorry i took the picture while running)
here is a picture of all the people crossing the finish line
and Justin and I at the end of the race. I was proud of Justin, he finished the race in 25 minutes and I wasn't too far behind him, and i crossed the finish line in 30 minute (which I will take because I am the worlds slowest runner!)
I hope you take a chance to participate in a Race for the Cure, it is very powerful. I am very proud to be able to participate in the 3rd largest one here in Columbus.

I hope you had a wonderful Saturday morning, I know I sure did!

6 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Awesome!! Good job!

Kelly and Sara said...

What an awesome thing to do! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

What an amazing thing to participate in. I really hope to do that some day since my mom had her own scare last year. I still can't believe Heather Pick is gone. She was just so amazing! Way to go!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great job...A sleepless night so doing a little blog hopping....

I have a Disney Giveaway on my main blog...Hope you will stop by.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Pick said...

Good job! What a wonderful race to participate in!

Christa said...

That's awesome!