Monday, March 26, 2012

True Story.. this happened!

Last week I played babysitter for a day for my Goddaughter Molly {2} and her brother Domingo {11 mos}.

I was beyond thrilled to have both kids, at my house all day,
planned out different activities to do, inside and out,
thought we could go to the park
enjoy some fresh air, ect.

I will admit I was a little worried watching both kids, for the first time, by myself for 8 hours.
Thats a LONG day without having a child proof house and not a ton of toys laying around.

Well little did I know by 9am that the lack of toys and non-childproofed house would be the least of my worries.
For some reason, I didn't think to stock up on Diet Coke before the kids arrived.
And if you know me... I need one every morning, it is my version of coffee.

Katie, the kid's mom, dropped them off around 7:45 and by 8:00am, Domingo had wet himself clear through his diaper and all over his outfit! Ugh! So i looked in the diaper bag and all that he had to put on was a thermal long sleeve onesie.. Sorry bud!

I thought that I would continue on the day and not focus on my diet coke, and just wait for Justin to come home for lunch but I decided by 9am that this was not going to be a possible task.

So I did what any responsible babysitter would do.
I told Molly that we were going on a walk, and she proceeded to put on her fleece jacket AND hat {mind you it was probably close to 60* at tho time.. but she is in the terrible twos and I have learned to pick my battles wisely} and poor Dom had on his onesie with no pants.. and I looked like a hot mess myself with my hair on top of my head, no make up and a tee shirt and jeans...

I put both kids in the wagon, covered Dom's and inevitably Molly's legs too {homegirl was not going to get cold on this short wagon ride} and I took them to Drug Mart to get my Diet Coke.

The entire walk up there the kids were laughing and clapping - I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the thought of finally having my morning Diet Coke.

We got to the store, and I was once again perplexed about how I was going to carry them through the store.. and I just opted to keep both kids in the wagon, while maneuvering around the aisles... I'm sure we were a sight to see.. but you know... at the end of the day... we all had fun!
And thats all that matters!



Mateya said...

Too cute! Looks like they loved the ride and glad you got your DC :)

megan said...

Ha, that's hilarious. I babysat 3 kids this weekend (3,7,10) for the first time in AGES. The 3 year old threw up twice on Saturday. He felt so bad for doing it, there was no way I could be mad at him! :)

Kelly said...

Omigosh!! That is definitely something I would have done-- forgotten the logistics of HOW to get the kiddos in the store!! ;-D Glad you had fun!!

Lindsay said...

WOW you were busy :) GREAT practice!

Shannon Dew said...

You know what? You were at drug mart so you looked completely normal ;)

Holly said...

This story is still funny the second time! Hahahaha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that you kept them in the wagon. I would have too!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! New Follower :-)

Mrs in Training said...

I would have done the same thing. On the rare occasions I run out of diet coke, the second I wake up/baby wakes up, we are hitting the drive through (so no one has to change out of pjs, duh). cute pictures!

Ioana-Carmen said...

Love your style! maybe we can follow each ohter?:X