Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thank YOU!

Thank you SO much for all the kind words that were left on my post yesterday about my grandma, every comment meant so much to me and it made me even more proud to be her great granddaughter.

As I sat and read each of the comments that were left on my blog, through the welling up of tears in my eyes, I realized that every comment that was left, and every person who read my post is the reason that I blog.

Before yesterday if someone would have asked me why I blogged, I would say it was for my great grandma and grandma in florida so they can keep up with what I am doing here in Ohio.
But after yesterday, I realized there was more than just that...

Blogging is a community, one that I belong to,
and one that i LOVE!


While I have never met most of you who read my blog
and we have only corresponded via emails, gchat, twitter, or a text
I felt so much support yesterday from those of you who I have met through blogging.

I have found that the blogging community is one of the most supportive, encouraging and uplifting outlets that I have ever been a part of.
I have played on a golf team in high school, participated in plenty of committees through school, work and the community, joined a sorority in college and somehow I feel some of the most genuine support through my blog.
Its as if through blogging I have my own circle of friends, and a place where I feel as if people take you for who you are at face value and people who accept you for who you are, which is something that I appreciate more than I typically put into words.

I am aware that I am not the worlds best writer. Heck I probably don't use punctuation where I should, and I have run-on sentences more often than not, and when in doubt whether something should be a period or a comma, I normally insert a simple "..." and go about my typing, {and I'm fully aware that Mom you are reading this and I will have a simple writing lesson at the next Sunday dinner} but the fact of the matter is, some of you, most of you can look past that in my blogging, and you still continue to read it.
And I thank you for that.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community, and thank you for the support you have given me during the last few days, when I feel as if I have needed it the most.

Every little comment meant the world to me, and I appreciate it more than you know!


2 comments:

Sara said...

I love your writing style, by the way! I can total relate to you and your words. Your blog is perfect just the way it is!

I felt the same love and support from the blogging community when I lost my mother so I know exactly what you mean.

Thank you for the kind email. MY EYES were tearing up thinking about your grandmother and Mom sitting on a cloud together talking about the two of us and watching us run and train for races. I think they would get a kick out of that for sure! It makes me so glad to know I have you as a friend. :) I know we don't see each other but at a finish line here and there, but you are an amazing inspirational woman and I know your grandmother is so proud of the lady you are!! :)

Becca said...

I am so sorry to read about your Great Grandma. It sounds as if she was one amazing woman! Hugs!!