Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Make Me a Meal Tuesday - Grilled Pablano Peppers

Last night for dinner we had these Southwest Burgers and Pablano Peppers on the grill. These are one of the most simplest side dishes to make and probably one of my favorites too! It's a lot like a grilled chile relleno.

Ingredients
4 large Pablano Peppers
Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grill Seasoning [I use Swamp Seasoning which you can purchase here]

Slice the peppers in half length ways
Slice your cheese into thin slivers
Mix your EVOO and grill seasoning
Coat both sides of your pepper with the EVOO mixture


Place on grill and char the inside of the pepper first, flip the peppers over and char the outside of the pepper. About 1/2 way through the char process, add the sliced cheese

Allow the cheese to melt and pull off the grill.

Enjoy!

**A side note that it was the first time we had tried the Best Bites Southwest Burgers and they were DELICIOUS! I used turkey instead of ground chuck/sirloin, and Monterrey jack cheese, but they were sooooo good! J even asked if we could have them again tonight!**

7 comments:

Mateya said...

Yum! I will try both of these!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

looks great! i love poblanos..i feel like they're underrated!

Kerbi said...

YUM! I love poblano peppers! I need to try them grilled now!

ashley said...

My mouth is watering.

I love* sandwich thins!!! I am not a big bread fan (plus it usually takes away from the deliciousness of the meat) and I eat them with everything that requires bread.

I need a grill pronto. Those peppers look so yum. I might have to start a "MMaM...day" :) (and/or copy you day) hahah

Melissa Jo said...

MMMMM that looks so good, I'm definitely going to have to try this!

Shannon Dew said...

YUM-BO!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Can we say yum! Peppers and cheese what a great combination!