Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

I feel like lately all of my weekend recaps have one thing in common - BABIES! and this weekend was no different! I just consider myself very blessed to have so many friends who have wonderful kids.

It started Friday afternoon when Missy brought Blake by for an office visit. He is doing wonderfully after his time that he spent in the ICU.

Friday night we went to dinner with our friends Rachel, Mike and Madison. One day I will think about it to take a picture of the 5 of us. We went to Jed's again, but there is nothing better than fried chicken chunks dipped in your choice of sauce, topped with french fries, coleslaw and cheddar cheese for a Friday night dinner- right??

Saturday morning we got to spend some time with miss Molly. I just love her to pieces.

And then today I went to a baby shower for my lifelong friend Kristin. It was hosted by her sister, sister-in-law and was at her parents house in Apple Valley. I always get concerned when I am going somewhere that I have never been before, especially when I am going by myself.... well this was no exception today. I have another problem when I mapquest things - I always feel like its a fun game to try and beat the time that mapquest gives you. So it was supposed to take me 1 hour 5 minutes to arrive, I left with 1 hour 15 minutes before the shower, thinking that I am going to beat the time of mapquest, and even have time to take pictures of the party before everyone arrives... HA well did that go terribly wrong!!!

I was about 40 minutes into my drive when I felt as if I had made a wrong turn. So I stayed calm, continued down a road (even though my intuition said I had made a wrong turn) looking for the road to turn off on... well it never came, so I turned back around to see if I missed it... nothing! So i then called JM to see if he could give me the number on the invite (whoops - left it at home) and this is how the conversation went:

L: I know you are probably playing video games, however I am lost and I need the number for the baby shower that is on the invite, would you mind getting it for me
J: Okay I'll get it for you in about 2 minutes
L: Okay, bye

Followed by a long scream by myself in the car, there is nothing that I hate more than being lost, but being lost and late is the WORST! and he had the audacity of telling me it will be in 2 minutes so you can finish your playstation game - ahhhh! thank goodness he responded quickly and within 30 seconds I had the number texted to me. I was watching the clock like a hawk to make sure it was only 2 minutes because otherwise he would have had a piece of my mind!

I then call Rachel (Kristin's SIL) and I tell her that I'm lost, well she tells me that she is not the best with directions and that I will have to call her husband Bill (Bill is Kristin's brother). So I talk to Bill and he immediately says "I knew you would get lost, I told Rachel that when she said you were invited" - great! So Bill gets me back on track and tells me to call him if I get lost, and I asked him to be on stand by.

Once again, I am lost, and I call Bill - no answer - uggh! its not like I can call Rachel, she already told me that she didn't know the roads and Kristin isn't from Apple Valley, so I decided just to follow signs to Apple Valley, and somehow by the grace of God, I found the party... talk about stressful!

Then about 1 1/2 into the shower Rachel's phone rang, and she ignored it because it was Bill, then Bill called his parents house phone, and he was just calling to make sure that I made it - I'm glad he was so concerned! ha! Oh how I love the Bentz family.

Here I am with the guest of honor

All of us lived in the same dorm our freshman year (myself, Kristin and Laura), Parks Tower - so many memories


A few of us girls from the shower - Gwen, Kelly, Kristin, Laura, and myself


Rachel (the host, Bill's wife, Kristin's SIL, and my sorority sister from school (small world huh!) and myself
Isn't this cake adorable? Kaden's nursery is done in Mikey Mouse.. so this cake was fitting.. and oh so good! Chocolate peanut butter -YUM!
So thats my weekend in a recap. I hope ya'll had a great weekend:) I know that I sure did - babies and all!

6 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Your outfit is really cute! Love that sweater!!

Ok, so I'm laughing at you getting lost...because I'm not surprised (Ha, sorry, but hey, we've been friends for a long time, you can take it!)

Jen said...

What a fun day :) Love getting together with the girls!
That cake REALLY is adorable!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Looks like a fun fun weekend!

The watch is from Belk, it's a Nine West. It looks super expensive, I had several people ask me if it's the same one Sandra Bullock work in Blindside. Good luck!

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

Love that shirt your wearing. Glad you made it to a "foreign" place safely! Have a great week!

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun weekend full of cute little babies!! Glad you made it to the house safely!

ps. cute top!!

Katie said...

Is that what happens when we let you babysit Molly...get her naked and take pictures!?!? :)
You can tell she's getting roley poley in the picture!