So I thought I could revisit my new years resolutions every quarter to see how I am doing with upholding them... some are better than others - but were only 1/4 of the way through the year - so here we go... if you have any suggestions on how to achieve my goals - please let me know!
- Overcome my fear of numbers... and by numbers I mean my bank account and my weight. I never like looking at my bank account number because the number is constantly going down and I hate looking at my weight because it is constantly going up... so I am hoping this year my fear of numbers will go away because my bank account will creep up and my weight will dwindle down I am much better at paying my bills - and i don't get anxiety when I have to do so ... so thats a plus and a step in the right direction - right?
- While were on the topic of weight.. I have really struggled since college with my weight (actually my entire life) however, I have really noticed since I have been dating Justin (not that it is his fault at all - but just because I am more comfortable than ever) I have lost interest in working out and focusing on my physical health. My goal for this year is start towards my ideal weight loss goal - to loose 23% of my current weight, and I would be where I would ideally want to weigh. I am at 6.86% thus far - and I still have a lot to go but I feel 100% better than what I did at the beginning of the year - I am fitting into clothes that haven't fit for 3 years now and it feels so good! but i have a lot more to loose until i'm at my ideal weight!
- Back to saving money - I want to save enough money to fly down and see my grandma and great grandma in Florida. I miss both of them dearly and the older I get the more time they spend down in Florida still working on this one - i just want to get to florida at this point - JM and i were talking about taking a trip this fall - just the two of us - better start saving! we need a tropical vacation
- I would also love to furnish the basement with Justin's help. It is currently a big heaping mess! We had a funny conversation the other day after leaving Best Buy after buy a headset for Justin's PS3
Justin: Yea, I think the next purchase that I will get is a new tv for downstairs, and if I get the tv will you get the surround sound?
Lindsey: I don't mind buying the surround sound, however don't you think we
should work on buying furniture for the basement too?
Justin: I suppose
It just goes to show you how differently boys think than girls, all they want is a nice tv and the equipment to make it look and sound that much cooler - forget about the comfort level of the room (i.e. couches!). Now I just have to find couches that I will also fit down the stairs - the entrance is VERY narrow... we have a new TV, however still no furniture - JM's part is done - haha - the rest can wait in my opinion - not my biggest priority
- Although I'm not a runner I would like to participate in one race this year - like a 5k - lets start off small and work and I can work my way up to a bigger race or more 5ks throughout the year if I get really ambitious we all know that i'm crazy for signing up for this 1/2 marathon but its motivating me to get out and run/walk and workout - so keep praying for me - may 1st is right around the corner - eek!
- I would also love to find a way to calculate walking/running 2oo miles this year. i'm pretty sure i'm up around 60 miles logged this far with running - i have no clue with walking - but i'll take it...i set these goals so that i could try to meet them/break them- i guess it would help if i kept track!
SOME FUN RESOLUTIONS
- Blog 350 days this year... so far were off to a good start i'm going to change this to be 350 POSTS not days - too hard to keep track - ha! and i'm at 87 out of 90 days that have been in 2010 - hopefully i can keep this post up
- Paint my nails so they don't look trashy like this not good - need to work on this one! my manicure is wearing off and i need to fix my nails before easter!
- Go on a date with Justin once a month... Although we go out to dinner together, sometimes its just so I dont have to make dinner and I'm being lazy or have no creative ideas - I want our dates to be planned we need to work on this one as well!
- Host a a girls night out once a month for my girlfriends. I am so fortunate to have such a large group of friends who live here locally, and I love it when I am able to get together with them frequently (scarf exchange, Saturday morning movie and breakfast, dinner, ect) we are 2 of 3... i skipped January because it was a busy month, but we did a scarf exchange in february (thank you mother nature for ruining some peoples attempts to come!), a manicure/pedicure party in march, and were going to see the Last Song in April...
- Have my parents and Justin's parents over for dinner once a month we have had Justin's parents over - not mine yet - sorry B&L
- Write notes to my friends who may need encouragement, thank you notes to people who encourage me, just saying hi letters to my friends I might not get to see all the time, and an occasional love notes to Justin i have tried to keep up with these - i try and stop in the card isle every week before i start my grocery shopping to look for a perfect card for that lucky person that will receive a card that week!
- Continue to volunteer at my church nursery once a month unfortunately i think this one may be coming to a halt... i have tried (and by tried i mean 5 times since we signed up and they have too many volunteers for the amount of kids in the nursery - and i would rather spend my time in the worship service rather than in the nursery if that is the case. i feel badly but i think i gave it my time - and its time to find a new place to give my time and efforts to - outside of the church nursery!