Sunday, March 7, 2010

Make Me A Meal Monday- Chicken Salad

I am very picky when it comes to chicken and tuna salads.. i don't like mine to have too much mayo, but I also like it to have a lot of flavor....

this is one of those recipes where that irregardless of where I order chicken salad i wont like it as much as my moms... I have a few meals that I wont order it out or try other recipes because I only like how my mom cooks things - and this recipe for chicken salad would definitely be one of them! do you have any recipes like that?


  • Grilled Chicken Tenders chopped into chunks
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1 tablespoon of mayo (i like real mayo and not miracle whip) (you can always add more if you would like, I always start off small and then increase it if need be)
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together - and you have a delicious chicken salad! Voila!

The tarragon can sound a little intimidating if you are not familiar with the taste of it... if you have never tried it before, I would recommend not adding it to begin with and then you can add it in afterward if you would like....

No comments: