Wednesday, March 24, 2010

House [Condo] Tour.... Living Room

I have mentioned before that I live in a condo, and although the thought of living in a condo was very appealing at the time that I decided to buy [3 years ago] I believe I [we] have outgrown our current place, but with the economy the way it is, I don't think I will be looking to move any time soon so I need to entertain myself with my current place and I am always looking for news ways to decorate... and I digress... so let me give you a tour of my family room [and i am open to any suggestion that you may have that might improve it!]

the general theme in my house is the artichoke green with a hint of the tiffany blue and brown... as you can tell this room is a majority of the artichoke green

walking in from the foyer



view from sitting on the couch



our "dining room/extension from the worlds smallest kitchen!"

my mantle (if you have ANY suggestions what so ever for - they would be MUCH appreciated!)

i like the candle sticks on the far right side of the mantle - i fill the base each season with something different - right now I have golf tees.... but I have put candy hearts for february, fake snow for the winter, coffee beans (for whenever I can't think of something creative), and buckeyes for when the LOVELY Ohio State Buckeye Football is in season) - but im not attached to them staying on the mantle - i totally understand if ya'll think they are too small for this large space! other than that - i'm not attached to anything up there! ha


off to the side of my chase lounge is where I keep all of my current crafts that I am currently working on- I would normally clean it up and pretend as if everything is always this clean and organized [ha!] but i'll be honest with you - its always here!



So that is a tour of my living room, I hope you enjoyed yourself :)

**just in case you missed last weeks installment of my home tour - you can view my bedroom here**


And I have to thank ya'll for your encouragement with the shoes from my previous post - I have decided to keep them:) and I will make sure to take a picture of them when I figure out a perfect outfit to wear with them:)


23 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I love your family room! Colors are great! :) And I have some ideas for the mantle....I'm making a trip over soon to visit you!

JulesA23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Hanson said...

Aw, your room is cute. I would add more blue hues to the room. Maybe a blue throw and a piece of artwork that has more blue tones in it? :)

Also what do you think of painting the mantle a different color? That would make it "pop"...

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

I say, ditch the picture by your lounge chair and find some artwork with turq. or blues to make that side of the room POP!!!

Kelly said...

SUCH a pretty and comfy-looking living room! That is my kind of chase lounge too! ;-) Your mantle looks a lot better than mine... our tv is so low that I don't have much room to add much else :-P Thanks for sharing! :-)

Elizabeth said...

I love it!! SO CUTE!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

My house main colors are brown and green too!!!

Heather said...

Your house is so pretty Lindsey!! I love the green curtains! It's so neat and everything is just lovely!!

Jan said...

Love it! BEautiful!
Jan
http://mullismemories.blogspot.com

~SHO~ said...

Like the green in the room!

Adrienne said...

so love ur rug and coffee table and dining room table

Shannon said...

I think your living room is warm and cozy! It's very pretty. I LOVE the rug! :)

Jennifer said...

You have great style. Love the colors! Maybe add some greenery or books sitting around on the mantle. That would add some detail and depth to the good thing you already have going. =)

Beth McC. said...

I love it!! I keep my craft stuff out too and I have to admit mine is not contained like yours! Mine is all over the room.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great pictures...Great look and I love the pink in your design...

Summer said...

Your so funny I totally keep all my craft stuff out to make flower bows too hahahaha....

Your room is so cute and I have a similar chaise like that in our rec room down stairs....love the coors of your living room so comfy and cozy.....

xoxo
Summer

Cerys said...

Ha! The litte collection of crafts made me laugh, that is so our house (although more mess and in more rooms!) I love the honesty! Your living room is gorgeous, very classy and easy to live with. I'm making notes for our own home. Thanks so much for sharingx

Cerys said...

PS I also agree with adding some grenery, I think that would really liven things up! x

KacieB said...

Just hoppin' over from Kelly's Korner!

My husband and I have the same dining room set :)

Cute home!

taley@honeyhomb:) said...

Thank you so much for sharing. The colors are very calm and relaxing!:)

Colby Moore said...

Indeed, some plants will help make the place more lively. It's already a wonderful condo to live in, but a bit of greenery add a bit of extra love there. Something low-maintenance would be good!

Unknown said...


House / Condos in Chiang Mai, Apartment or Property for rent or sale in Chiang Mai with Perfect Homes.
You will Find a large selection of Chiang Mai Properties to suit your housing needs
Chiang mai rentals

Unknown said...

I appreciate you writing this post, I was some what familiar with this subject.
It’s always good learning unusual concepts.
Chiang Mai Luxury Houses