Monday, December 7, 2009

Thrifty Tuesdays - Cookie Exchange Containers

Every year in the office we do a cookie exchange, and although the cookie part is supposed to be the exciting piece of the exchange, there is a bit of a "challenge" to see who can have the most creative presentation. Well I'm quiet excited about my contribution this year for my containers. Not only is it thrifty, but its pretty darn cute if you ask me...


Here is all you need (Plus Soup Cans)

I measured each piece of scrapbook paper, based on the size of the can and then cut to the correct size

I kept each piece separate and in their individualized cans because the cans are not all the same size

After cutting all the paper to the exact size, I had a lot of left over paper that I could use to decorate the cans

And then I just used a glue stick to attach them to the big piece of paper to make each can design different

I used a glue gun to attach the paper to the tin can


And voila - the finished product


I will place the cookies in the cans, and then wrap the entire fan with cellophane and tie it with a coordinating ribbon. I will post a picture when I complete the project Wednesday night.

The best part about this project is that it took me less than a 1/2 hour to create, it was fun and the entire thing cost me $2.64 in scrapbook paper - much cheaper than buying individual containers!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like that you can see Justin playing video games in the background. How appropriate :)