Friday, December 11, 2009

Show Me Your Life Christmas Cookies

Its the holidays, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this time of year. Today's post worked out really well because I had a cookie exchange yesterday at work and I'm having a martini party tonight for all of my girl friends, which also means I make lots of goodies, so I have 3 different cookies to share with you... I apologize now for the picture and recipe overload!

Remember the containers I made on Tuesday for Thrifty Tuesdays
Well I placed these cookies inside of the containers


Hazelnut Cocoa Coins

Makes:60 cookies
Prep: 1 hour
Chill: 1 to 2 hours
Bake: 6 minutes per batch

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
  • 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon shortening
Directions
  1. In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and cocoa powder until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the hazelnuts.
  2. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into an 11-inch-long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 1 to 2 hours until firm enough to slice.
  3. Preheat over to 375 degrees F. Cut rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place slices 1 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are firm to cool to the touch. Transfer cookie to a wire rack; let cool.
  4. in a small saucepan, combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Generously drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets. Makes about 60 cookies.
Here is the completed product for the cookie exchange

And here are all the other wonderful cookies that I received... I will be sharing these with all of my girl friends tonight


Martini Sugar Cookies



Here are the ingredients that you will need for the cookies

Cookies
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cup sifted flour
Frosting
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
  • 1 tb butter
  • 1 tb milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp lemon juice

Cookies:
Cream 1 cup butter and 2/3 cup sugar together. Beat in 1 egg. Add tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 1/2 cup sifted four. Mix until all ingredients are well blended. Chill dough for 3-4 hours before rolling.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out and cut. Bake about 8-10 minutes or until barely colored.
Frosting:
Melt butter. Combine all ingrediens, and beat until smooth. Add food color if desired.

I also added a toothpick to the cookie to make it look a little more realistic.


White Chocolate Dunked Oreos

Ingredients
  • Oreos
  • 1 block of Bakers White Chocolate
  • 1/2 tsp shortening
  • Candy Canes
Unwrap candy canes


Place them in a food processor

Melt the White Chocolate in a Double Broiler - but i don't have a double broiler (i'm hoping one day to register for one *hint hint*) so I have to create a make shift one with one big pot and one smaller pot


Set up assembly line for cookies



(I would recommend two people for this - I started the line with the oreos and sat them down on the cookie sheet covered and then have your friend cover the oreos with the crushed up candy canes - we worked from right to left based on the picture above.... don't ask me why - perhaps Jaci and I are a little backwards in the kitchen! ha)

Let set for 30 minutes until white chocolate is set.

Thank you for joining me today on my own little cookie tour.. I hope you have a sweet weekend!!! Only 14 more days until Christmas :)!!!!! Stop by Kelly's Korner to get other great cookie ideas!

2 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great cookies and I love the packaging!

Already Happy said...

I am sold on anything that combines chocolate and hazelnut!

Also, it is good to have a good sugar cookie recipe that holds shape well.

Thanks!