- Please do not include your personal information on your PROFESSIONAL resume people - the other day I received a resume that told me the year and make of her car, that she had 2 pet poodles and that her friend who was Deaf had taught her alot (and yes she used a lot as one word <--- hello pet peeve of mine!)
- Bluetooths are an awesome invention for hands free access on in your car - not as an accessory on your ear during an interview
- Please refrain from using the word flirty on your resume
- Please do not ask me how far back our criminal background check goes, because that just means that you have something on there that you are trying to hide
- Please leave all family members behind at the time of your interview
- HR people are kinda like your parents - we know if you are lying, so if you previously worked at the organization you are applying to work at again - please disclose this information upfront - WE WILL FIND OUT...
- If you were referred by someone to apply, please know the FULL name of the person who referred you - it looks A LOT less credible if you only know her name is Katie
- Just like bluetooths, hats are a nice accessory to your outfit, not to wear during interviews
Thursday, May 13, 2010
What not to do in an intervew.....
So maybe a few of you know that I work in HR... and I interview people for a living... through the years i have had some interesting situations/people come through my door wanting employment. I will say lately there have been some REAL characters, I would attest this to the economy, to the lack of jobs and to the desperatness of applicants... Please know that I am VERY thankful and grateful to have a job with a WONDERFUL company and every time I interview a candidate I realize that they are trying to better themselves and trying to make a little $ however, I would HIGHLY recommend leaving some of these situations out of your application/resume/interview process:
Posted by Lindsey at 12:44 PM