- I wear two hair ties on my wrist even though my hair is too short to pull back into anything..i just can't bear to not have them at all times
- 2 of the most motivating songs that are on my running list are "The buckeye battle cry" and "Carmen Ohio"... i just love them and immediately think of Buckeye football season every time they come on.. and i should probably mention that our Men's BBall team is #1 in the nation right now too - GO BUCKS!
- We [along with the rest of America] in Ohio experienced a pretty nasty ice storm last night.. I had a hair cut scheduled [previously scheduled for 2 weeks ago and my hairdresser was sick.. desperately needed my mopped chopped!] and I went out into the freezing rain and then, because I was out and about, proceeded to go work out.. i figure someone needs my business - and the gym was nearly empty! SCORE! more ice days please!
- I'm still carrying my HUGE that I used as my personal item on the plane - this thing is so big it carried my laptop, a book, all of my purse necessities, and i still had room for a small child inside!
- I use the word y'all on my blog. I rarely say it in conversation, I live in Ohio.. and we say "all of you"n or "you all"... but trust me y'all just sounds so much more inviting!
- I'm looking for my 1/2 marathon training to start in 2 weeks [never thought I would say that at this time last year!]
What are you saying "so what" to today?
Head on over to Mama Dew's and link up!
In other news..
J and I started another Biggest Loser weight lost competition yesterday. Its nice to have some friendly competition in a relationship - right? So it is my mission to continue to try and cook new things, but also stay healthy! if you have any EASY, recipes that are also delicious and healthy - send them my way!
Last night we had Spicy Bean Burritos from Annie Eats, and J liked them even though they were sans meat... he told me that they reminded him of a 7 layer burrito from taco bell... thanks - i think?! Tonight's menu item is an asian chicken burger [yes, I'm going to try and eat ground chicken - but if all else fails I have a back up of ground turkey on hand!].
So far so good, just the adjusting the diet and amount of food is never an easy thing.. but its surprising how encouraged I am to become healthier when there is money on the line! So I anticipate eating in much more frequently and daily visits to the gym for the next 3 months... i'm SO excited [enter sarcasm here!] I think without going out to eat I will just mainly miss someone cooking for me, having a variety of options to eat, and most importantly someone else doing the dishes! oh well in the long run not only will we be saving money but also bettering our health - right!?
Not much exciting to blog about - hence the short hiatus from the blog world - sorry about that... but I hope y'all [mom that one is just for you!] staying warm, and hope your finding something fun to do during this wonderful winter storm!