Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Weekend Plans... and a Sweet Treat :)

Happy Friday!

I can't believe its already the weekend of July 4th!
I absolutely LOVE this holiday, its a time to realize how fortunate we are to be American's, to be thankful for our freedom, and a time to reflect upon all of those who are currently serving and who have served so that we can be free.

I can't wait to celebrate... with family, friends, and lots of firework displays!

in honor of this wonderful holiday, i thought that i would make a cute little "snack" for some of my co-workers today... white chocolate covered strawberries with a little blue :)
Ingredients:

Strawberries
White Chocolate
Crisco or EVOO [in case you don't watch Rachel Ray - thats Extra Virgin Olive Oil]
Blue Sugar Crystals [i found mine at Homegoods, but I'm sure any baking store or Craft store would have them]

Clean your strawberries and let them dry [very important step!]
Melt your white chocolate on the double boiler.. add a little crisco [or EVOO] to prevent the chocolate from "sweating"
Dunk your strawberry into the white chocolate and immediately dunk it into the blue sugar
Voila you have a cute little snack for this holiday!

I will be back to post much more about this exciting weekend! We are going to the BIG fireworks display tonight with my parents - Red, White and Boom, Saturday we are going to my hometowns fireworks, Sunday we are going boating, and Monday grilling out with friends. I am so excited to have a relaxing weekend!

What are your holiday plans?

I hope you and your family have a safe and fun weekend!

12 comments:

Just Brandi said...

awesome! I'm gonna have to make those! Thanks girl! HOpe you have a great 4th!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

They turned out GREAT!!! Good job! Ya know, you can make some red,brown and blue ones for me NEXT weekend!! :) :)

Jenna said...

those strawberries are adorable! I am definitely going to make those this weekend.. thanks for the awesome idea! Happy 4th of July :)

Chelsea said...

These are so cute! I wish I would have thought of that sooner, I would have made some & brought them in today! I'm always a day late/dollar short on these holiday goodies hahah

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! Those are too cute!! What a great idea!!

We should totally meet up sometime soon. I'm glad we're not the only one in the weird "friends zone". haha! Have a great 4th!

Unknown said...

Those are too cute! I hope you have a fabulous 4th! xoxo.

Allison said...

Your strawberries are so cute!! I love the idea and I might have to steal it! have a great holiday weekend!

Laura Beth said...

so sweet! literally! love it.

hahah what the heck is a double boiler?

Ms. Emmy N said...

Such a cute idea!! I may have to steal that for next year :) Red, White and Boom is so much fun - have a blast!!

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

You did great on the strawberries! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, sure sounds like you will, but be safe doing it :)

Lauren said...

That's SO cute, I never would have thought to do that! Looks amazing!

Brittany said...

These are so stinkin' cute! What a great idea :-) I'm sure your co-worker loved them!

Enjoy your weekend :-)